Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tasty Thursday

I have a new food love.  Biscoff.  Or in layman's term, "cookie butter."  It's not what you think.  It's not cookie flavored butter....although I probably would try it.  Think of it as peanut butter, but without the peanuts.  It's actually a spread made out of those little Biscoff cookies you get on a plane. 



And it is delicious.  I've dipped my apples in it, slathered it on bread, and licked it right off a spoon.  It's all natural and vegan, which I am not, but hey, it makes it guilt free in a way.  And the fact that I can pronounce every single ingredient and actually know what they are kind of redeems my little obsession with this stuff.

I'm a fan of grilled peanut butter sandwiches and I was planning on making myself a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.  This was before I had a taste of the Biscoff.  As soon as that stuff hit my palette, I had a new game plan.  Biscoff and apple sandwich.  Yes.  Just in case this turned out to be a disaster, I still grilled up a PB and apple sandwich (decided against the jelly since I was going to use sliced apples with the Biscoff and had a bunch of them ready anyway).  Then I went on to make my cookie butter and apple sandwich.


OMFG.  That's the best way to describe it.

I was expecting it be sweet but it wasn't at all.  Usually, when I have a PB sandwich, as much as I love it, I have a hard time getting it down and have to drink a glass of milk or something.  Not the cookie butter.  That stuff melted perfectly and was all gooey and just wonderful.  No milk needed.

Here's what I did:
-Put a little bit of butter on 2 slices of cinnamon swirl raisin bread.
-Spread the Biscoff on the slices.
-Put one slice of bread on a hot skillet and covered it with a layer of thinly sliced apples.
-Put the other slice on top.  By that time, the sandwich was ready to flip.
-Cooked until both sides were slightly brown and toasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment