Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14

Google kindly reminded me that today is George Ferris's birthday.  Without the ferris wheel, I wouldn't be able to say I've operated one and probably wouldn't have met the BF.  So thank you Mr. Ferris and happy birthday!

Anyway, it's also Valentine's Day.  If you're the type to celebrate, I hope you had a good one.  I don't particularly care for this holiday.  I personally think it's turned way commercial.  But I'm not knocking anyone else that partakes on this day.  In fact, V-day does give me an opportunity for themed deserts...which I indulged with Triple Decker Red Velvet Cupcakes.  Yes.

Bu anyway, yesterday, the BF did surprise me with some small things for the occasion, even though I kept telling him we're not doing anything for Valentine's.  He works late tonight and wanted to see my reaction, so he gave me my gifts early.

It was pure nerd joy.  I've had an obsession with owning my own Wookie.  And I finally got one!  Albeit, he is small, but I love him nonetheless.  I'm also a fan of Star Wars, so the rest of what I got was awesome too. The biggest surprise was a Nerf gun.  Heck yes.  We've been talking about owning a Nerf gun for years, but never buying one because they are kind of expensive considering it's essentially a piece of plastic.  So I was completely shocked to see one in my possession.  And I'm pretty sure he got it because he wanted one just as equally, but used Valentine's Day as an excuse.  We've already been target practicing with the dog's squeaky toys.  It's only taken me 27 years to get a Nerf gun...



For the cupcake:
-Use your favorite red velvet cake recipe.  Once baked and cooled, cut them into thirds (or halves and just use the bottoms from other cupcakes).
-Pipe your favorite frosting in between the layers and on top.  I used a mix of butter cream and marshmallow cream for my frosting.





No comments:

Post a Comment