Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Saturday Rewind

Lows
-I wasn't thinking and took a back road to work in the snow.  This said back road is hilly and curvy and shady...not a good combo for snow.  It was one of the scariest drives I've ever had.  Once I realized I was sliding when I braked, I didn't brake anymore.  But other drivers apparently don't have this same logic.  It seems once they realized they were sliding, they braked even harder.  It was getting hit by other cars that scared me the most.  Don't slam on your brakes in the snow and ice!  I know it's instinct, but seriously!  Get off the brakes and just guide your car with the steering wheel and tap on the brakes until you're at the speed you want.  My adrenaline was going for about an hour after I got to work.
-Hoping that the BF's birthday gifts will arrive in the mail on Monday (his birthday btw).  I'm not a procrastinator.  I ordered stuff well ahead of time, it's the companies I ordered from and USPS that's taking their sweet time.
-The cat demanding to get fed anytime between 5-6:30 am, preventing the BF from sleeping in.
-Trying to get groceries and turning around because the roads were getting slick with slush.

Highs
-Finding out I don't have to work overtime anymore, for awhile at least.  The money was nice, but 6:30 am six days a week was getting old.
-Finally watched Ted and loved it! Definitely a must see if you like Family Guy.
-Ant free. Yay.
-Enough snow to where it's pretty outside.
-Chinese take out makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment