Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Rewind

For the past week:

Lows:
-All of the furlough talk.  I'm a Dept of Defense employee and will be affected by 22 unpaid days and a 20% salary cut if things don't get figured out.  It sucks.  I should be okay financially, but I'm worried nonetheless.
-Having the animals wake us up early, early in the morning...when we're in a deep slumber...on one of the few days we have an opportunity to sleep in.

Highs: 
-Finished Season 2 of Game of Thrones.  That show is amazing.  It's a fantasy/war/drama series and I can't get enough of it.  A small part of me wants to get HBO just so I can watch this show "live." 
-Finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.  I'm now a little bummed out that the former president really wasn't a vampire slayer.  But I guess he did do other great things..... 
-Skyped with my niece Lola.  She's gotten so big and is seriously the cutest kid ever.  I'm totally not biased about that....
-Booked our NYC hotel and bus tickets.  So excited for this trip.  The last time we went was for a spontaneous weekend in the middle of February.  Let's just say we didn't get to enjoy it nearly as much because of the crazy cold.  Here's hoping the weather's much better this time around.
-Discovering a new favorite beer, Redd's Apple Ale.  I'm a sucker for commercials and kept seeing them for the Redd's Ale.  We tried it, I loved it.  End of story.  It's tastes like apple cider to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment