Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Review: Rise of the Governor

So I'm a huge fan of the Walking Dead series, both the AMC TV show and the graphic novels.  I recommend anyone that likes the show to read the novels.  It's different enough that following both won't ruin either storylines. 

To continue my obsession with this series, I just finished reading The Rise of the Governor.  This book goes more along with the novels versus the show, but it's still a good read if you only watch the show. 


The whole story is about the Governor, his brother, the little girl Penny (who is still alive, unlike what we've seen in the novels and show) and his friend as they try to flat out survive in this new world full of "Biters."  There's a twist at the ending that I wasn't expecting and I understand more of how The Governor ended up as sick and twisted as he is.  Considering all the messed up stuff the group had to go through, I kind of don't blame him.  Anyone with a right mind would go crazy if that's what they lived through.

If you have the time, this is a quick weekend read.  Because I did not have the time, it took me a bit longer to finish.  But it was really hard to put down when my reading time was up.

Now I need to get the next book, Road to Woodbury.


No comments:

Post a Comment