Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

Venison is a wonder meat. It's amazing how lean it is. Someone once told the BF that you can keep deer meat in the fridge for months, because bacteria can't grow due to the lack of fat. I haven't looked this up to verify if this is true or not, so it could be complete BS, but I could see why one would believe that.

I have the privilege of having a coworker with a hunter husband. He even takes the meat to the Amish who will prepare it into jerky, lunch meat, hot dogs, burgers, etc. When they run out of freezer space they give away their deer spoils, and I was the lucky recipient. We got to try venison burgers, which actually was mixed with a little pork in order to hold the patties together. OMG. Those burgers were delicious. It was juicy without all the grease from the fat. I'm definitely gonna have to stay friends with these people :D


No comments:

Post a Comment