Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Karmin

I'm completely in love with this band.  Ever since I heard their cover of "Look at Me Now," I've been a fan since.  They started out doing awesome covers.  Then they progressed to make their own music.  And I think the sweetest thing about these guys are that they're a couple and engaged.

I have Sirius XM radio and listen to The Morning Mashup and it seems that they play Karmin's "Brokenhearted" 400 times during my commute (to my delight).  It seems no matter what I'm doing, when a Karmin song pops on, I stop what I'm doing and jam out, white girl rap and all.  I think it's the white girl rap that gets me.  You gotta love the white girl raps :)


And now their new video for "Hello" is out...and I'm hooked.  Unfortunately, I can't post it since there's a whole copyright thing with Sony.  Whatevs.

Anyway, check out their YouTube.  Listen to the covers!!  It's kinda cool watching a band start out as Boston music students to being featured on the radio and having hit singles.


No comments:

Post a Comment