Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crunch Wrap Night!

I was so excited giddy to make one of my favorite Taco Bell menu items for dinner. I saw different variations all over the interwebs and decided to wing it and try to make them on my own.  The whole week, this is what I was counting down to...Crunch Wrap Night!

I need to start out by saying that I love Taco Bell.  It's cheap, Mexican and plain good.  I will admit, that before I started dating the BF, I wouldn't go there as much.  And if remember correctly, I don't think I had my first taste of TB until I was about 16 (gasp!). 

I know that Taco Bell doesn't use the highest quality of ingredients.  I am fully aware that their meat is dehydrated and that they squirt out sour cream.  But I say ignorance is bliss, because my wallet and my belly are what control me.

Back to Crunch Wrap Night...

They were sooooooooooo good.  I wanted to eat more, but I shocked myself by sticking with one.  Mine had a completely different flavor, but I'm thinking it was better than, dare I say, Taco Bell.  Bottom line...I win.


 
My Ingredients:
the largest flour tortillas you can find
1 lb ground beef (the amount of crunch wraps will vary with how much meat you put in each wrap)
taco seasoning
chopped onions
refried beans (a BF request)
chopped tomatoes
shredded lettuce
small corn tortillas
nacho cheese

How I Made Them:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray the corn tortillas (however many you think you'll use) with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet(s).  Bake for a couple of minutes, flipping them over, til they're lightly brown and crunchy.  Wrap the flour tortillas in tin foil and warm in the oven during this.

Cook the meat.  Add onions and taco seasoning.

Spread some of the refried beans in the center of a warmed flour tortilla.  Fill the tortilla with the beef, crunchy corn tortilla, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and taco sauce.  Fold the edges over the center (I still had a big opening in the center, so I used another tortilla that I cut to fit).  Carefully put in a hot pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Let it sit for about 2 minutes (or desired doneness) before turning the crunch wrap over.  It'll fall apart if you flip it too soon.  Once flipped, let it cook for another minute or two, or to your liking.



And that's how you make a Crunch Wrap!  And me making this will in no way affect my eating at Taco Bell. I mean, come'on...





No comments:

Post a Comment