Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday Taunts

I was the kid that just had to know what their present was...and I still am.  I can't wait.  The suspense kills me and I need to know now instead of waiting. 

And since I'm no longer living at home, I'll share a secret.  I was the kid that would carefully open some of my gifts from under the Christmas tree in the middle of the night.  Then I would tape right over the previous tape.  And then come Christmas, I'd totally act suprised.  I knew what I was doing. 

Since I've become an adult, I've actually been really good with this.  Although I threaten to peek under the wrapping, I never do.  But I do catch myself looking at my presents and use deductive reasoning to figure out what it is.  The BF says it takes the thrill out of opening presents, but I don't care.  I want to be able to prep myself with an appropriate reaction in case it's something I didn't really want.

I'm such a brat.  I'll admit it.  The first step is to admit your problem.  Then the next in Heidi's two step program, is to embrace it :)

And I'm pretty sure my kids will take after me.  But I've got a plan for them.  Double wrapping.  To open a layer of paper, they'll have to rip the top layer.  They won't be able to beat the best (aka me).


This box has been sitting here since Monday.  It's right by our front door, which is across from our couch, which I sit on every single day.  I actually came home while it was getting wrapped.  It's been tempting me ever since.


And as you can see, the BF ran out of the robot paper....and it's also the box from the computer we got the other day.  Convenient...


And I got this awesome card from my Aunt Jan.  Coolest. (HULA). Card. Ever. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment