Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day

Since I'm not a teacher or a student or anything, Labor Day doesn't really affect me. Growing up in Kentucky, we were in school by mid-August (usually the week of my birthday for crying out loud), so by the time Labor Day hit, I didn't care.  The only thing I looked forward to was the cooler fall weather.

But for many, Labor Day is a symbolic end to the summer.  There goes the days lounging by the pool, the long days of sunshine and bbqs.

Earlier in the summer, before I got this hair cut that I hate, the BF and I discovered this awesome trail not too far from us via these crazy, windy country roads.  We live a Baltimore suburb, and you drive around and then bam! you're in backwoods going over one lane bridges.  It's so weird.  Anyway, this place is probably one of our favorite spots.  It runs parallel to a major river.  We even ended up in the next county...and that's when we promptly turned right around.  The highlight was this patch of rocks right over the water where we sat down with our legs dangling over mini waterfalls and in view of this sketchy abandoned warehouse that I'm convinced would be great for Ghost Hunters or something.



And now, I think we have our go-to picnic spot.

I hope your summer was fantastic and adventurous.  Here's to a great fall!  Bring on the falling leaves and cooler temps.
 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment