Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Dog's Dignity

  
This adorable little dog lost some of her dignity the other day.

Apparently, Gypsy has a thing for a certain stranger's butt crack.

Yes, you read that right.

When taking her out, there was a guy smoking and talking on his cellphone, and unfortunately, his pants were a little low and he was showing a tad too much.  Anyway, while bringing the dog back inside, during the process of unlocking the door to the building, there was slack on her leash and she was found with her nose in this poor guy's exposed butt crack.  And it took some effort to pull her away.  The poor sap with my dog in his behind didn't do anything but make a face.  Perhaps he was just too bewildered with the fact that a random dog had her snout in his butt. 

Sometimes, Gypsy is utterly embarrassing...and disappointing at times.  But, ("but,"  hahahahaha!!!) she is a great source of entertainment.  Although, embarrassing at first, it turned awkward, then hilariously funny. 

And if that guy lives in our building, we're bound to see each other again.  He'll see the dog, then either me or the BF.  And all he can do is walk away.  Seriously, who wants to relive a moment in time when this creature had her wet nose in your butt?  Just walk away and don't make eye contact...




2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Same thing happened to my friend last year. Whenever he crouches or sits down, his butt used to pop out. I'd told him many times when this happened "Dude, I can see your crack - fix your pants". And he always responded "No, you can't", thinking I'm joking or something.

    Anyway, so last year we'e walking down the sidewalk, when he crouches down to tie his shoe. As usual, his butt was hanging out. Then this lady with a big dog (Mastif, I think) comes jogging down the street. Well, right before they pass us, the dog veers over behind my friend and sticks his nose and tongue into the exposed crack. The lady immediately starts yelling "No!" and tugging at the leash to no avail, and my friend is so startled he tries to stand up but ends up falling forward landing on his forearms with his butt still hanging out, and then the dog proceeds to stick his nose in there again!

    At this point I walk over to help him up and the lady grabs the dog and pulls him away. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, but my friend was bright red and looked super confused and embarrassed.

    The worst part of it is that the lady turned out to be a good friend of his Mom's! She apologized profusely, but I could just imagine the conversation she had with his Mom - "So, my dog stuck her nose in your son's butt today..."

    I can say I have yet to see him have that butt crack problem since then, although he did get a fair amount of teasing from me and others who heard the story.

    The way I look at it, if you let your butt crack be out there, you can't really get mad if something bad happens as a result. I'll admit it happened to me once accidentally at Thanksgiving, and my cousins dropped a quarter in my crack. I was really annoyed at first, but then I realized it was my own fault for allowing it hang out in the first place.

    And that is officially the most I've ever written about butt cracks. My English teacher would be proud.

    -James

    (Ignore the deleted comment - I accidentaly hit publish too early)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniffing butts are dog's way of saying hello. I guess it's not that often when they get this chance for humans, so when there's an opportunity, they seize it.

    ReplyDelete