Thursday, September 6, 2012

Comics, Burritos, and the Amish: Part I

It's not very often the BF and I get the same days off, maybe once or twice a month.  So because of that, we like to do mini adventures.  And this particular mini adventure is actually a two parter!  But that's only because I have alot to say and I don't want to have a really long post...

The BF had heard about and researched this comic book store not too far away from us.  Although I'm not a big comic book reader, I was game to check this place out.  And I'm so happy we did.  After coming to this place, I want to start collecting graphic novels and comics (the books, not the thin papers).  I think just about every single comic ever made is carried in the store.  There were vintage toys that I haven't seen in years.  There were vintage comic tshirts that I would seriously wear.  It's a nerd's mecca!  And for the really nerdy, there's even rooms dedicated to Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering Tournaments (neither of those I don't understand and don't think I'll ever get into...it's just too weird...)

Our meter was running so we didn't have too much time to explore the place before we had to move the car, but we'll be back... 
 
 
On the same day, we also went on a hunt for the elusive Baja Fresh.  You see, this used to be our go-to place for mexican in our neighborhood.  We felt it was classier than Taco Bell, but still cheap.  Whenever I didn't want to cook and we were stumped on what to eat, we'd end up at Baja.  It was amazing.  Well, back in February, we show up and EVERYTHING is gone.  The only thing standing was the sign at the top of the building and a sign on the door that read, "Closed."  We honestly thought it was a sick joke and I got on my phone to scour the internet for answers.  Well, it turned out the reason for their closure was due to high rent or something along those lines.  Damn inflation!!  And to top it off, our favorite sushi place closed down, and then our 3rd go-to changed their menu and prices for the worst.  What are we to do!!??  And that's where we went on the hunt.  Baja Fresh wasn't actually that far from where were at the comic store.  You'd think we just saw a lake in a desert if you'd have seen our faces. 
 
 
It's complete torture for me to look at the picture of the (I think it's crack coated because its so damn good and I can't stop eating it until it's gone!) food.
 
Stay tuned for Part Dos in the near future!  It involves the Amish!!
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment