Saturday, July 28, 2012

Recipe Review: Confetti Cookies

I was going to make these for July 4th and these were supposed to be called "Firecracker Cookies."  But for 2 weeks leading up to the fourth, I couldn't find red and blue sprinkles ANYWHERE.  It was ridiculous.  The BF and I went to every grocery and craft/hobby store in the area.  Nothing.  And it wasn't until this last weekend, my regular grocery store had a box of red, white and blue sprinkles.  I wanted to punch the store in the face.  Why didn't they have these when I needed them.  Don't they care about my MY needs?  Le sigh...

Anyway, so I had a box of the cake mix that was needed for the recipe just sitting around, so I bought a package of regular multicolor sprinkles and got to it.  This was the first time I've ever had cake mix cookies, and I was impressed.  They were so easy, and really addicting.


Confetti Cookies (originally Firecracker Cookies)
from Cookin Cowgirl

18.25 oz french vanilla cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 c veg. oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c "jimmy" sprinkles

Preheat the oven to 350. 

Mix together the cake mix and baking powder.  In another bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, and vanilla.  Add that mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine.  Stir in the sprinkles.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.








No comments:

Post a Comment