Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipe Review: Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread

So the title doesn't make this appealing at all.  I found the recipe at Emmalinaviolet.  And apparently Garbage Bread is a New York thing that's basically a layered calzone.  Buffalo chicken and pizza dough sounded like a fantastic pair, so I had to try it.  This non-New Yorker ended up loving this stuff.

Buffalo Chicken Garlic Bread

chicken breasts, about 2
olive oil
pizza dough (I used Pillsbury canned pizza dough)
shredded mozzarella and cheddar
1/2 c wing sauce
1/3 c ranch or blue cheese dressing (I used a mixture of both)

Cut the chicken into cubes and season with salt and pepper.  Heat some olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken thoroughly.  Stir in half (1/4 c) of the wing sauce into the pan and coat the chicken.  Let it simmer for a minute or two.  Take the pan off the heat and let the chicken cool.  (I found this cooling off step to be pretty important.  I was too impatient and didn't let the chicken cool enough, and when I started to prepare the bread, it was ripping up my dough.)

Preheat the oven to 425.

Spread out the pizza dough onto a well floured surface.  Mix together the dressing(s) and remaining wing sauce.  Spread it across the dough.  Add the chicken and top with the cheese. 

Rough the dough like a pinwheel until you reach the end.  Tuck in the edges so nothing seeps out when baking.

Place the garbage bread on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes (I actually baked it for the amount of time recommended on the dough instructions).  Let it sit for about 5 minutes.  Cut it up and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment