Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Rewind

Lows for the week
-I work in a small building with one other person.  She's been out for the whole week.  This has left a very quiet work space and me a little lonely...sad face.
-Our ants are back.  We had a little breakout of them a couple of weeks ago that we killed off, but now leftover eggs have hatched.  Hopefully our borax/peanut butter mixture will do the trick.
-Huzzah for it being so cold, eyeballs and gloved hands still sting they're so cold.
-Not working out at all.  I think it's the cold weather that un-motivates me.  All I wanna do is curl up under a blanket.
-Butternut squash risotto.  I attempted to make this.  Never again.  Too much work making the risotto.  Add liquid to the risotto, stir until absorbed, add liquid, stir, repeat like 20 times it seemed.  No thanks. 
-Being considered a "subject matter expert" and not being able to answer someone's question.  
-I'm getting the sniffles and keep sneezing.  I don't know if I'm getting a cold or if it's just dusty.  Either way, it's messy and our tissues are getting low.
-The cat in my face as I eat a bowl of cereal and am writing this entry.  He's pushing my hand as I'm putting the spoon in my mouth in order to spill it.  He's lucky milk hasn't gotten on our new keyboard...yet.

Highs for the week
-I found leather boots that fit over my calves.  My calves are huge.  And I've had the hardest time finding boots that'll go over them.  So needless to say, I'm pretty excited, regardless if anyone cares or not.
-Three day weekends are always nice...even though all I got accomplished was watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix (Don't judge.  Once I watched the first episode, I had to keep watching.).
-Taco Bell's Loaded Grillers.  At 99 cents, I was full for $3.  Kinda hard to do these days.  
-Customer Appreciation Day at our local Dairy Queen/Orange Julius. Everything was half off, so we loaded up on food and got ice cream, despite the below freezing weather. This probably wasn't a good idea since I haven't worked out this week, but it was soooo good and a good deal. And we've never eaten at this location, so it was a mini adventure :)
-Rain-x wiper blades. I got a coupon to get them free during an oil change.  Holy crap!  They are amazing.  You couldn't even tell the windshield was wet.
-Scoring two tickets to a live taping of The Colbert Report in NYC.  Apparently, it's a little hard to get tickets and I just had good timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment