Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Frozen Coffee

Ok.  So I'm not really sure if this is a Frappucino or Frozen Coffee or whatever.  I do know that this was delicious.

I'm an occasional coffee drinker.  And when I do drink it, lots of creamer has to be in there for me to even put that to my tongue.  I can't stand the taste of black coffee.  Those that do, you're a breed of your own...

I rarely go to Starbucks or any other coffee shop for that matter.  But when I do, I like to get those specialty coffee drinks.  Frappes, frozen coffees, mochas, lattes, etc.  Pretty much, if it doesn't taste like coffee, I'm game. 

Anyway, I made my own version of all those fancy drinks I'd normally pay $5.25 + for. 

If you have leftover coffee in that coffee pot, it's a great way to use that.  Or if, like me, you have a Keuring, you can just make a single cup of strong coffee and let it cool.

Here's what I did:
-Made ice cubes from that cooled coffee
-In a blender, tossed in some coffee ice cubes, a couple of scoops of chocolate ice cream, some caramel syrup, some chocolate chips and some milk.
-Whizzed that stuff together and I had myself some deliciousness.

 
 
 
I had enough ice cubes leftover so I tried it again.  That time, I used a little more ice cream and milk and the consistency was better suited for my taste.  Since everyone's taste is different, there's alot of room to play with ratios in this drink.  And you can use just about any ice cream, toppings, syrups and milks.  Heck, I'm thinking cookies and cream ice cream with some mint extract and chocolate milk wouldn't taste half bad...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment