Friday, December 14, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Hamburger

Yes.  Bacon.  Please.

Within the last couple of years, I've actually been preferring turkey bacon, which is pretty much blasphemy.  Turkey bacon I usually use just because of the lack of grease that flies back at my face when it's frying.  But there is something utterly delicious about a slice of thick cut, porky bacon.  Mmmmm.

Well, I was making burgers and an idea came into my head.  I love bacon cheeseburgers.  How epic would it be to wrap bacon around a  burger patty?  What!!??  Yes.  I did it.


I only had a pound of ground beef and doesn't make much with the way I normally make burgers (I make 'em big) so I mixed an egg and some cheese into the beef to fluff it up a bit.

Bacon Wrapped Burgers

a handful of shredded cheddar
a little bit of grated Parmesan
chopped onion
1 egg
spoonful of ketchup
spoonful of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb ground beef
bacon
burger buns

Mix the beef with the cheeses, onions, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.  Form them into patties.  Wrap bacon around the patties (I used 3 slices).  Cook them up to your liking.  And you have yourself a burger with the potential to give you the meat sweats.  Yummy.





No comments:

Post a Comment