Thursday, November 1, 2012

Big Brother Visits...and Runs a Marathon!

Over the weekend, we had the pleasure of spending time with these two...technically three, I guess.
My brother is Johnny Depp...wearing a marathon medal, if you couldn't figure that out.
My brother was running in the Marine Corps Marathon in DC, so they made a trip out it from Arizona to the East Coast.  The BF and I showed them around some of the local sights, which isn't much by the way!  And they were the perfect photographers for our zombie run.  We ate at the famous Ben's Chili Bowl.  I got to see the buzz associated with marathons by going with them to the runner's expo.  I ended up getting legitimate running shoes, and I'm calling them because all the shoes I've had before have been an all purpose cross training type.  So I'm pretty excited about this, albeit expensive, purchase.  I got to see my sister-in-law's growing belly and found out the name.

The marathon was so great to see.  I definitely got some motivation to run.  There was also a great sense of patriotism throughout the race, but then again, I always get that when we go to DC.  Watching some of it even brought a tear to eye.  At one point, my brother spotted us on the side and kissed the pregnant belly.  That pretty much did it for me.  I cried.  Another thing I learned from the marathon... restaurants in the area, sure know how to market to runners during a marathon week.  We saw a Mexican place with a spaghetti special.  Hmmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment