Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey


I'm thankful for everything that makes me happy and content :)

Since we've moved to Maryland, except for one year, the BF and I have always had a Thanksgiving at home, with just us since we're our own little family.  We're home bodies, so we're totally fine with pigging out and just watching tv/playing video games for the day.  I usually make a big dinner (since there are two of us, we have leftovers for days).  And every year, I like to try out new recipes, while keeping some of the old.  

Here's the menu (with links to the applicable sources):

Breakfast
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Appetizer
Broccoli Bites
----These were really good.  A little ranch dressing on the side and they were perfect.

Dinner
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with Apple Cider Gravy
Cheesy Stuffing/Dressing (I never stuff the bird, but I still call it stuffing :)
Paula Deen's Green Bean Casserole
7 Up Biscuits
North African Spiced Carrots
Cheddar and Bacon Smashed Potatoes

Desserts
Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie
Chocolate Eclairs
----We're doing two desserts in case the pie is a flop.  The eclairs are also the BF's favorite dessert ever and I don't want to disappoint.

I prepped everything yesterday, so all I have to do is assemble and cook.  I have everything organized and I've made a schedule of the order I need to do things.  The turkey is already in the oven and everything is going according to plan.  Honestly, the hardest part of today will be the dishes....which I'm hoping I can pass on to the BF....

Now since I have some time to kill, I'm gonna surf the interwebs to see what kinda of shopping deals I can find....



No comments:

Post a Comment