Monday, November 19, 2012

No to Centipedes

I have a fear of centipedes.  I'm not sure it's to the point where I'd call it a phobia, because I have no problem destroying the babies when I find them.  But once I see a full grown one...it's over for me.

Here's a little background info.  We live on the ground floor of our building.  Half of our place is underground, so essentially, we're living in the basement of our building.  Basement = haven for insects.

I came home the other day to this monster on my kitchen ceiling.



















Just so you can compare the size, those are liquor bottles and the track to our lighting.  That thing was huge.  It had stripes.  It was like a tiger centipede or something.

Being the scared pansy I am, I just about had a panic attack.  My heart was thumping, my adrenaline was going and I was almost on the verge of tears.  All because I was trying to pump myself up to kill this thing.  Long story short:  I didn't have the cahones to kill it.  So instead, I watch the tiger striped demon from a safe distance and hoped that the BF (aka official centipede killer) would get home soon.  Well, he came home an hour later.  In that time, I made a run for the bathroom and came out to see it crawl down our kitchen cabinet, fall off the cabinet (because it was so big and heavy mind you), crawl onto the floor and proceed under the fridge.  I was so overcome with fear and panic, all I could do was watch the whole thing.  I'm such a pansy, I couldn't even kill it when it was crawling on the floor and I had the advantage.  I fail. 

And now we have a tiger centipede living comfortably in some corner, getting bigger and fatter by the day, only to do the whole thing all over again.  Fingers are crossed that the centipede killer will be around...

No comments:

Post a Comment