Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Hurricane Sandy wasn't too bad here.  Just some rain and crazy wind.  Although, the storm did bring in some gnarly looking clouds...



Happy Halloween though!  As a kid, this was one of my favorite holidays...mainly because of the candy.  I grew up in a minimum sugar household, so Halloween was always a good way to stockpile for the year.

I'm not a big fan of candy corn.  I can eat a couple, but then I just hate the taste.  But, for my own Halloween treat, I made a fruity concoction with the candy corn look.

Not the greatest picture thanks to my phone...
One version was lemon jello and pineapple, mandarin oranges, and Redi Whip.  The other version was just pineapple, oranges, and Redi Whip (they're opposite in the picture).  The lemon pudding I could completely do without, so I don't think I'll be sticking with that version in the future.  The plain pineapple with the oranges and whipped cream...OMG, it was so good.  I'm pretty sure I scarfed it down in one go around.







No comments:

Post a Comment