Monday, October 29, 2012

Recap

So, since the last post, I've been pretty busy. 

My brother and sister-in-law visited and I spent the days before prepping our place for visitors.  And I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and relax.

Recap:
-spent time with my brother and beautifully pregnant sister-in-law
-made tons of cookies and food
-ran a zombie 5k (think of a mud run with obstacles and zombies)
-completed an item on my bucket list
-watched my brother run in the Marine Corps marathon
-took my first exam for an online environmental class; it was insanely hard and I had to spent the whole night doing it

And now, we're waiting through Hurricane Sandy.  It's been raining nonstop since last night.  And last I saw, our city is directly under the path of the storm.  We're talking flooding and 40+ mph winds.  We've been told by the electric company that we're definately losing power, it's just a matter of how long.  That's the reason I had to scramble to take my test.  It's due November 1st, but who knows if I'll get the power back by then.

Last year, we lost power for a week after a hurricane.  I had to throw away so much meat from the freezer that I happened to get about a week before.  It sucked.  I also had to wash my hair at work in the bathroom sink.  Good times.

So, here's to fingers crossed that, if we do lose electricity, it comes back relatively soon.

Until then

No comments:

Post a Comment