Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome Fall

I love the start of Fall.  The temperature is perfect, the colors are changing and it just makes being outside so much more enjoyable for me.

The BF and I decided to spend the first weekend of the fall season exploring a state park and a waterfall nearby.  We've been living here for about 4 years and have never been out to these places.  What was wrong with us??  The waterfall was just so peaceful, I could sit there all day under the trees and listen to the water.  The trail around the rock formation, called the King and Queen Seats, had enough elevation that it was a pretty good workout.  Ok, so it's not a mountain or anything, but considering the rest of the county is relatively flat, this provided a decent sense that you're hiking.



I have learned some things as a result of this latest adventure though.

Number 1:  I'm still terrified of heights.  Although I wanted to see, I couldn't muster enough bravery to go to the rock edge.  I had to be content with watching these fearless 8 year olds go out there.  Oh, if only to be a kid again...

Number 2:  This kind of ties along to the first one.  I will never go rock climbing on an actual rock formation. Nope.  Maybe one day, I can do the ones that are at Bass Pro Shops, but that'll probably be it...

Number 3:  Water temperature will be pretty cold when the outside temperature is in the 60's.  Going under water will literally take your breath away (as told by the BF).



No comments:

Post a Comment