Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mozzarella Sticks

String cheese and egg roll wrappers.  Who knew that these two ingredients come together to make great mozzarella sticks.  Easy peasy! 







This recipe from Taste of Home required frying the sticks.  When I first try out a recipe, I tend to follow it as close as I can.  Then after, if I like the recipe, I'll play with it a little.  So next time, I make these, I wanna try to bake them.  But I have to admit, the mozzarella sticks had an amazing crunchiness to them that I don't think can be re-created in the oven....



Mozzarella Sticks
from Taste of Home

Ingredients
string cheese
egg roll wrappers
Oil for frying
Marinara or spaghetti sauce

Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep the remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until they're ready to use).  Fold the bottom corner over the cheese.  Roll them up halfway and fold she sides toward the center over the cheese.  Moisten the remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.  Repeat with the remaining wrappers and cheese.
  
In a skillet, heat the oil in preparation for the frying.

Fry the sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.  Serve with marinara sauce.




Stay classy,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment