Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mexican Pizza

I'm a little bummed out after my grocery store trip.  Every customer was given a free raffle ticket for gift cards of different amounts.  Two - three numbers were called over the intercom every 10 minutes.  It normally takes me an hour to shop and it didn't seem like there were many customers, so I figured I had a decent chance.  Nope.  The number after mine and the two numbers before mine were called.  And two lucky sons of guns won a $75 gift card!  As I was going to the register, I even checked the "winner board" to see if I'd been called and just didn't hear.  Nope.  Story of my life....

Anyway, I love pizza.  I'm always looking for different types of pizza.  There's been some misses, but there's been some hits...like this Mexican Pizza from Emily Bites.  I've had mexican pizza before, but never made one.  And it was SOO easy.  The BF loved it.  I was dissapointed I didn't have another pizza crust to make another one.






Mexican Pizza adapted from Emily Bites

1/2 lb ground beef (I used a whole pound and had leftover meat)
1 pkt taco seasoning
pizza crust (I used Freschetta)
1/2 c salsa
3 tbsp taco sauce
canned black beans, rinsed and drained
sliced jalapenos
shredded cheese
chopped green onions

1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Cook the ground beef over medium-high heat.  Add taco seasoning and stir to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the salsa and taco sauce and stir together. Spread the mixture evenly across the surface of the pizza crust.  Sprinkle black beans across the top of the salsa layer and then follow with the reserved taco meat. Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the top.
4. Place pizza in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice and sprinkle the green onions over the top.

I also ended up pouring taco sauce on top of the pizza to add more heat.


Open wide! 



Stay classy,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment