Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Couch for a Treadmill...

So, I guess I forgot I haven't posted since Thursday.  Whoops.  I forget how fast time flies. 

We got a treadmill!  There was a ridiculous closeout sale and we couldn't pass it up.  Our only problem was, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we're limited on space.  We already have an exercise bike, so a treadmill was gonna be tough.  We ended up getting rid of our spare couch to make room for it.  Being the packrat I am, it was tough getting rid of that couch.  It was our first couch when we moved, until the BF was able to move his living room set up here.  There was a little sentimental value to that thing.  A co-worker of the BF offered to take it (no telling what him and his redneck friends are gonna do with it).  And we tossed in a a spare microwave as well.  Now we have ump-teen unused things to still get rid of....

Anyway, back to the treadmill.  I've gotten some pretty good use out of it in the week that we've had it.  The BF and I signed up for a 5K in the fall, and we are NOT runners.  So we've been slowly training for it.  Although the winter had been pretty mild so far, our work schedules prevent us from running during the day (and this area isn't the greatest for being out at night).  And when we're running outside, we like running together.  The treadmill's been great for training in the meantime.

In other news, Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's are out!  We had to reward ourselves after buying that treadmill...

And earlier in the week, I made a giant of a breakfast.
I used a regular can of cinnamon rolls.  I put one roll in the middle and unrolled the rest and wrapped the middle roll with them.

Even though we bought a treadmill, we can't deprive ourselves of such deliciousness!  We'll run it off...



Stay classy my friends,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment