Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Cake from the Birthday

It's amazing how fast a week can go.
The BF's birthday came and went. We went to the movies and ate Mexican food. And as I promised, here's a picture of the cake. The BF is into video games, and recently, he's been really into this game called Skyrim. Well anyway, I wanted to incorporate that into his cake. I made a homemade chocolate cake and used whipped vanilla frosting.


I made an outline of the dragon that's on the cover. I melted semi-sweet chocolate and poured it onto a wax paper that I placed on top of the outline I drew. I then put the dragon in the fridge to harden. After I frosted and topped with the dragon, I made the edges. I melted some more chocolate and smudged it on some tin foil that I cut to size to fit the edge of the cake. I put the tin foil with chocolate on the sides and put it in the fridge to harden. A couple of hours later, I took the tin foil off and the chocolate wall stayed on. The BF was impressed...and it didn't last very long.
In other news, the weather has been up and down here. It's warm one day and freezing the rest. I'm from the south and I'm just not used to this. The BF is from Michigan, so he's used to 8 month winters. Anyway, the day before his birthday, the sun was out and it was in the 50's (in February). We enjoyed the day by going for a walk/run. And we wanted to capture the fact that he's wearing shorts and a tshirt.  He doesn't recall having that many birthdays without snow.

Stay classy my friends,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment