Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin w/ Mango Salsa

The other night I made an amazing dinner of pork and rice.  I love trying out new recipes (with a fifty-fifty chance of it being great).  Along with being a time killer, Pinterest is a great source for cooking concoctions.  For me, a picture says a thousand words and delicious looking dishes catch my eye.  I came across a picture from Skinnytaste that looked so good, that I just had to try the recipe.  The BF and I have been trying to eat better, so I'm happy that I came across this site.

I also served this with the Coconut Rice w/ Cilantro that was recommended with the pork on the same site.

Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa from Skinnytaste (the nutritional info is at this link)
(Makes 4 servings)

1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 lb pork tenderloin
1/4 c sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce (or more to taste, which I doubled since I like spicy)
For the salsa (makes about 1 cup):
1 large mango, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp minced jalapeno (I just chopped up jalapeno slices)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice

Combine all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.  Refridgerate the salsa until it's ready to serve.

Preheat the oven to 375°.  Mix the garlic salt and ginger in a bowl.  Rub evenly over the pork.  And place the pork in a roasting pan.  Roast the pork for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.

Mix the chili sauce, honey, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. 

Brush the sauce over the pork during the last 10 minutes of cooking.

Slice the pork and serve with the pan drippings (I actually ended up making more sauce to pour over the cooked meat) and mango salsa on the side.


Brown Coconut Rice w/ Cilantro from Skinnytaste (with the nutritional info at the link)

1 c uncooked brown rice (I used white jasmine rice since that's what I had; just be sure to change the rice-to-liquid ratio)
1 c lite coconut milk
1 1/4 c water
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed (I used minced garlic) 
1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
2 tbsp sweetened grated coconut (I used some coconut shavings) 
3 tbsp cilantro

In a medium sized pot, add the coconut milk, rice, water, ginger, garlic, salt and coconut.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.

Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and simmer until all liquid evaporates, about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the heat.  Keep it covered for 10 more minutes. Fluff with a fork and toss with cilantro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put some salsa over the rice, and the rest of it over the pork, with the additional sauce I made.  Although it took awhile to cook, it's pretty hands off.  Cutting up the mango was the most extensive part of the process.  This one had the BF and I's seal of approval so it's a keeper!




Stay classy my friends,
Heidi





No comments:

Post a Comment