Friday, March 14, 2014

Bailey's Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie...in Honor of Pie Day

March 14.

3-14

3.14

Pi.

Today is Pi Day.  Also known as Pie Day for those that like pie, such as myself.

For Pie Day, obviously I wanted to make some pie.

I've had a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream that I've been needing to use up for a while.  So I did a Google search for "bailey's pie."  And I stumbled upon this delicious creation from She Wears Many Hats.

It was super easy, most of the ingredients I already had and it required no baking.  It was a done deal.

It came out soooo good.  The slight bitter taste of the alcohol balances the sweetness of the chocolate, leaving it not too sweet and me wanting more.

I actually made this a day ahead and it was killing me something fierce to not take a bite yesterday.  But my patience paid off.  I dived into my slice after a workout and I can't even explain the joy I had.

Booze and desserts are always a good combo with me.  This pie is a win if you're like that too.  I wouldn't recommend feeding this to minors though.  Because baking isn't involved, the alcohol is definitely present.

Bailey's Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie
from She Wears Many Hats

-6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips or morsels
-1 c heavy cream or whipping cream
-1 tbsp sugar
-4 (or more) tbsp of Bailey's Irish Cream (your choice of flavor, I imagine it would taste good regardless)
-chocolate cookie pie crust (make it yourself or buy it)
-course salt for sprinkling
-and whatever toppings you want; I drizzled melted caramel over it

Melt the chocolate and set aside.

Beat together the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.  You want it pourable but enough of a solid to hold a shape.

Mix in the Irish cream and melted chocolate.

Pour into the pie crust and top with the salt and additional toppings.

Put it in the fridge for 4-6 hours, or until it sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment