Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Low Fat Pineapple Cupcakes!

I was so upset from Easter, I forgot to post about the amazing low fat pineapple cupcakes I made.  The recipe is from Skinnytaste (a great source for healthier and delicious foods).  These cupcakes were by far the easiest I've ever made.  1 bowl, 4 ingredients.  Did I also mention they were low-fat!?  No added sugar, no oil, no eggs.


-Betty Crocker box of yellow cake mix
-20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (DON"T DRAIN!)

Mix together in a bowl.  Pour into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full.  Bake in accordance to the cake mix directions.  Set aside to cool.

Pineapple Fluff Cream Cheese Frosting
-8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
-20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (DRAIN THIS ONE REALLY WELL!)
-3/4 c marshmallow fluff (I think I used more.  I just eyeballed it.)

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.  Spread on the cooled cupcakes right before serving.

For Easter, I topped them with candy coated chocolate eggs.





And Gypsy is doing alot better by the way.  She's healing up well.  Poor thing is probably gonna have a bald spot there though...


Stay classy,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment