Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hippie Maybe?

Sometimes I wonder if I was a hippie in a past life.  In high school, my big research paper was about the culture of hippies, which I totally aced by the way (and was one of the few with the English teacher we had).  And I'm loving that floral vintage is coming back.  I gave in and bought a wallet from Target when I have a perfectly fine wallet right now.  But that wallet was black and boring.  The one I bought today was distressed leather with flowers all over it.  I fell in love. 

Today, I'm gonna attempt to make these cupcakes for Easter.  Fingers crossed!

And last night, I made these flatbreads that were delish (recipe follows)!! 
Since I'm an android gal (I actually love android by the way!) Instagram was made available and you bet I got my hands on that app.  How much cooler does the flatbread look!?

I've also been eating a pretty nutritious for the past couple of days.  Health nuts would praise me.  Vanilla yogurt, granola, fresh berries.  Nom, nom, nom.
Because I wanted a cool picture, I actually made too much, so this lasted 2 mornings.  I got a store brand granola mix with almonds and honey and it added this great sweetness to it.  Even with the soggy granola the next day, it was still awesome.


Thai-Style Chicken Flatbread/or Naan (this recipe makes for 2 flatbreads, so double it for 4)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Cut about 1/2 lb of chicken, cut into bite size pieces.  Marinate the chicken with 2 tsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp cornstarch at room temperature for 10 minutes (The honey is important!  It helps to carmelize the chicken).  Heat a pan over high heat and add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes.  Brush olive oil on the edges of the flatbreads.  Spread peanut sauce on each flatbread.  Top with shredded mozzarella and the cooked chicken.  Bake for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts and the edges are golden.  Top the breads with bean sprouts (the sprouts actually add this great crunch to every bite) and cilantro. 


Stay classy,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment