Friday, May 24, 2013

My Farewell to The Office

 
So I know The Office series finale was last week.  Watching that last episode, I almost teared up, especially when Michael Scott came to Dwight's wedding.  I. Almost. Bawled. My. Eyes. Out.   And the fact that show is truly over didn't hit me until last night.

I faithfully watched that show since the beginning.  And by faithfully, I mean I dedicated my Thursday nights (and it might've been on other nights in the early years) to catching the episode.  I didn't DVR that stuff.  I always tried to watch the original airing.  The only time I couldn't watch it was when I was working at Cedar Point in the summers.  But I'll be damned, I caught every single rerun until I saw an episode that was new to me. 

I remember the utter awkardness of the pilot episode and Michael's hair.  Man, that hair was horrible.  I remember the looks Jim gave to the camera.  The show was so different compared to others.  I was hooked from the beginning. 

I'll admit, some seasons weren't the greatest and I felt the writing lacked.  But I was still faithful.

I know that in every job I have, I'll try to find the Phyllis of the group.  The Stanley.  The Creed.  The Michael.  The Dwight.  I will always giggle a little when I hear a set up to "That's what she said."  And bears, beets, and Battlestar Galactica. 


Best quotes from the finale that are totally applicable to real life:

"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." - Andy (possibly my favorite quote of all time)
"There's alot of beauty in ordinary things." - Pam
"No matter how you get there or where you end up, human beings have this miraculous gift to make that place home." - Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment