Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Post Move

Lesson Learned:  Get rid of your junk PRIOR to moving.

This moving thing sucked!

Our original plan was to have a week to transition from old place to new place.  Welp, no, that didn't happen.  We couldn't get our new keys until later than expected and only had about one day to move everything.  We had a friend help us with the bulk of the heavy stuff thankfully.  Our moving went from 5pm to noon the next day.  That's with 3 U Haul trips and about 1 hour of sleep and no food.  I'm just now getting over my soreness (the move started Thursday night, it's now Wednesday).

Looking back, our biggest problem was the sheer amount of stuff we had.  The BF and I lived at our last place for years and accumulated alot since.  But mostly everything had a place, so it was hard to tell how much stuff we truly had.  I couldn't even tell you how many boxes we had of stuff that I haven't seen in years. 

But now that we're moved in and in the process of making this our new home sweet home, I'll just have to add a massive purge to the ever growing list of to dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment